[O] [latex] Problems with old exporter (for Beamer) and with new exporte

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] [latex] Problems with old exporter (for Beamer) and with new exporter
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 22:56:09 +0200

Hello,

I want to write a document where I show:

- Org code to type in a buffer
- (sometimes) its LaTeX translation
- its effect in the output PDF

Though, I have big troubles outputting the Org code one is suppose to write in
the Org buffers. It often gets replaced or modified... See examples in the
following ECM.

With the old exporter (necessary for Beamer), all the below cases fail...

With the new exporter, most things work. What does not work:
- macro does not get executed (no string in orange color),
- the =\end{verbatim}= disappears from the LaTeX output

#+TITLE:     Org mode examples

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \lstdefinelanguage{org}{%
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   morekeywords={:results, :session, :var, :noweb, :exports},
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   sensitive=false,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   morestring=[b]",
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   morecomment=[l]{\#},
#+LaTeX_HEADER: }

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \lstset{%
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   extendedchars=false,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   inputencoding=utf8x,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   %
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   mathescape=false,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   escapechar=`, % allow escaping to (La)TeX mode within `..`
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   columns=flexible,
#+LaTeX_HEADER:   keepspaces=true
#+LaTeX_HEADER: }

#+MACRO: key \textcolor{orange}{\texttt{$1}}

#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation,t]
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{Madrid}\usecolortheme{default}
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1

* Macros

- With the following macro definition

  #+begin_src org :exports code
  ,#+MACRO: key \textcolor{orange}{\texttt{$1}}
  #+end_src

- Every time we write

  #+begin_src org :exports code
  ,{{{key(C-c C-e)}}}
  #+end_src

  HERE ABOVE, WE SHOULD SEE THE MACRO NAME AND PARAMETER INSIDE CURLY
  BRACKETS. INSTEAD, WE SEE THE LATEX REPLACEMENT CODE.

- We get {{{key(C-c C-e)}}}

* Listings informatiques

- To input a block of code in Org, type it like this:

#+begin_src org :exports code
,#+begin_src sql
,SELECT *
,FROM inventory
,WHERE product = 'ABC123'
,#+end_src
#+end_src

  HERE, WE SHOULD SEE =#+begin_src sql=. INSTEAD, WE SEE =\begin{}sql=.

- And see the nice listing:

#+begin_src sql
SELECT *
FROM inventory
WHERE product = 'ABC123'
#+end_src

* Verbatim

- Same problem for verbatim... Here, the Org code

#+begin_src org :exports code
,#+begin_verbatim
,verbatim  d i s p l a y s  with spaces!
,#+end_verbatim
#+end_src

  HERE, THE META LINE IS CONVERTED INTO ITS LATEX FORM.

- And its translation into LaTeX:

#+begin_src latex :exports code
\begin{verbatim}
verbatim  d i s p l a y s  with spaces!
\end{verbatim}
#+end_src

* Comment

It is also impossible to show how to type a comment block:

#+begin_src org :exports code
#+begin_comment
Paragraph which will not appear in resulting PDF.
#+end_comment
#+end_src

THE ABOVE NEVER IS SHOWN!

Best regards,