Re: [O] Documents for old versions of org-mode

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Documents for old versions of org-mode
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 17:12:32 +0200

Hello Victor,

Welcome to Org-mode.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Victor Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've recently discovered org-mode, and have started using it.
> However, the version of org-mode on my work system is on
> 6.36. There is no chance of getting it updated (at least not in
> the near future).

Installing your own updated version of Org-mode is very easy. You can
install it in your home directory. In terms of disk space ~ 15 MB should
be enough.

For step by step instructions you can look in the following FAQ entries:
<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#Keeping-current>

Note, if you choose to use the git checkout, the disk usage will grow
over time. I would recommend running git gc from time to time to recover
some disk space. This way you should be able to contain it to less than
100 MB.

> I'd like to have a version of document that
> corresponds to that version.  Where can I find it?

The easiest way to get the correct version of org-mode documentation is
Emacs itself. For a more descriptive documentation look at the info
manual pages (C-h i m org mode [RET]). For source level documentation
you can use the Emacs live help system (C-h v <variable_name> [RET] and
C-h f <function> [RET]). You can type org there and use tab completion
to explore all the nitty gritties.

> Victor

GL

--