Re: [O] Talk about Org mode at a small hacker conference (GPN12)

From: Florian Adamsky
Subject: Re: [O] Talk about Org mode at a small hacker conference (GPN12)
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:11:50 +0200

Dear Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Florian Adamsky <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I will give a talk [fn:1] next weekend about Org mode at a small hacker
>> conference in Germany
>
> Karlsruhe is too far away for me, unfortunately. However, I'm really
> impressed by the beautiful design of your homepage:
>
> ,-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | > http://florian.adamsky.it/
> |
> | About this site
> |
> | I created this site with Emacs, org-mode, Git and Jekyll. I used this
> | wunderful clean design from Steve Losh and modified it a little bit. All
> | kudos belong to him.
> `-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I visited the homepage of Steve Losh and his Mercurial repository for
> the page. Since I want to build an Org mode based homepage too, I would
> really like to 'steal' this design. Do you mind to share how you combined
> Steve Losh's design with Org mode, Git and Jekyll? Is there a public
> repo of your sites code?

Sorry, but I have to disappoint you, the integration with Org mode is
simple and not very sophisticated. I just use Org mode to write my blog
posts and then to export it to HTML. After that, I put the exported HTML
file in the _posts/ directory and commit a new stage via git. My server
automatically pulls every 30 min the repository and runs the jekyll
parser after that.

The blog post file is a simple HTML file with the a small header like
the following:

---
layout: post
title: Lorem ipsum
---

In fact nothing really special. However, if you're still interested, I
can send you my repository.

Best regards
--
Florian Adamsky