Re: [O] Testing: org-export-e-html

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Testing: org-export-e-html
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 10:34:15 +0530

Crandall

There is some confusion on your end :-).

> --------------------------------------------------------- Org (input):
>
> Link and description, to anchor in headline: [[#directors][Directors]]
>
> Link and description, to anchor in paragraph: [[#bc][BC]]

Remove the "#"es.

> * <<directors>>Directors
>
> Paragraph with a /dedicated target/: <<bc>>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------[end]

> 1. Both links out (first two p's), to id's in an <h> and  a <p>,
> do not generate links (<a href="#foo">foo</a>).

You are using targets.  So you shouldn't use "#"es.  This was what
Nicolas was trying to tell you.

> 2. At both anchors, <a>, in the <h2> and the <p>, the <a> tag
> is not closed with an </a>. This may be related to the errors
> noted in point one, as the HTML is malformed without them.

Put the HTML file in nxml-mode and do C-c C-n.  I see no validation
errors.  The HTML file definitely is not malformed.

[Context switch]

Here is the modified Org file you should be using.  When you are linking
to headlines, use CUSTOM_IDs and *not* targets. Links to CUSTOM_IDs have
a `#' in front while don't targets are *without* `#'es.

Link and description, to anchor in headline: [[directors][Directors]]

Link and description, to anchor in paragraph: [[bc][BC]]

* <<directors>> Directors

Paragraph with a /dedicated target/: <<bc>>

* Headline wiith CUSTOM_ID
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: director-1
  :END:

#+target: invisible
* Recommendation about using links

Always link to headline using [[#director-1][Headline wiith
CUSTOM_ID]].  Use targets when you want to jump to obscure location
[[bc]].  Never use [[invisible][Invisible target]].  They will
disappear on export.

For more information on how links are structured see the
[[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-02/msg00752.html][this
post]].

Btw, thanks for your patience and sticking it out right through to the
end.

Jambunathan K.