Re: [O] date added into logbook?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: [O] date added into logbook?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:03:24 -0400

Michael Gilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Hello, Michael!

> one of them involves a piece that I've wanted for a while: a way to
> keep the data that is lost when I refile an item from my default
> date-tree file ― the date the item was created/added.

Have you considered using org-capture with the clock options? I like
using this because it automatically grabs the timestamp as well, and
when I press C-c C-c, it clocks out. Handy - I've been using it to
calculate my words per minute (dismally low for blog posts sometimes!).

Here's a snippet from my config:

(setq org-capture-templates '(
 ;; Lots of other lines here
 ("r" "Notes" entry
  (file+datetree "~/personal/organizer.org" "Inbox")
  "* %?\n\n%i\n" :clock-in :clock-resume)
  ))

(global-set-key (kbd "C-c r") 'org-capture)

Anyway, if you happen to use org-capture a lot, then it's a good way of
capturing creation times too. =)

Hope that helps!

Sacha