Re: [O] if both schedule and deadline, appear only once in agenda

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] if both schedule and deadline, appear only once in agenda
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:46:19 +0200

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM, SW <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think what the OP wanted (and what lead me to this thread) is an advanced
> warning for *scheduled* items. For example, I'd like to know on the Friday
> before that I have a scheduled item starting on the Monday. To do this I
> SCHEDULE the item to Monday and then also set a DEADLINE for Monday, which
> will
> obviously warn be in advance. I'm not unhappy with this solution, but I was
> wondering if there were an alternative.

<http://orgmode.org/manual/Deadlines-and-scheduling.html#Deadlines-and-scheduling>

Important: Scheduling an item in Org mode should not be understood in
the same way that we understand scheduling a meeting. Setting a date
for a meeting is just a simple appointment, you should mark this entry
with a simple plain timestamp, to get this item shown on the date
where it applies. This is a frequent misunderstanding by Org users. In
Org mode, scheduling means setting a date when you want to start
working on an action item.

Suvayu