Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.8.11

From: Julian Bean
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.8.11
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:55:21 +0100

On 29 May 2012, at 10:55, Bastien wrote:

~$ git log release_7.8.03..release_7.8.11

will display the git logs between those two releases.

Thanks. I will find myself a git checkout and take a look.

The purpose of http://orgmode.org/Change.html is to contain a
human-readable log for major releases -- the logs for the development
version are not completely written (they are in development too).

This is reasonable.

Do I take it then that releases like 7.8.x are development releases?

As a counter-argument, I remark that if 7.8 contains bugs (I believe it does?) and you have release bug fix releases in the 7.8.x series then "normal users" might reasonably want to install them, and might reasonably want to understand what bugs are fixed. ("normal users" I guess would not necessarily have a git checkout handy to run diffs on)

Of course I recognise that organising changelogs is time consuming task and the org development team are busy people.

Jules