[O] Exporting via babel to LaTeX

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Exporting via babel to LaTeX
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 13:48:26 -0500

I've only ever used src blocks to make plots or create files to
include. I have my first opportunity to actually try and include both
code and results and have a question about spacing. You won't have my
data, but this is pretty simple stuff.:

#+begin_src R :session basic :results output :exports both
nrow(data)
#+end_src
#+begin_src R :session basic :results output :exports both
nrow(nonzero.data)
#+end_src

I split them up because I wanted the results like so:

Code-A
Results-A
Code-B
Results-B

If I kept them together, it came out Code-A, Code-B, then Results-A, Results-B.

Anyway, the LaTeX output is creating the following:

\begin{verbatim}
nrow(data)
\end{verbatim}

\begin{verbatim}
 [1] 681
\end{verbatim}

\begin{verbatim}
nrow(nonzero.data)
\end{verbatim}

\begin{verbatim}
 [1] 455
\end{verbatim}

This gives really, really spaced out results. I'd prefer output that
looks more like an R terminal output, which can be done by not putting
code and results in separate verbatim blocks. Is this standard
spacing/behavior or is there an option/exporter tweak I can use on
this? It just ends up taking so much space.

I'm super new to this and barely know anything about the header
arguments at all. I will say I was thrilled to find out about the
:session option. I was worried about "walking through code" because I
rely on initial block results to carry through to the others. What do
you know? There's a way to do that :) Thanks for this wonderful
implementation. I've seen it come up on the list hundreds of time and
have to say it's really cool actually getting to work with it!

Best regards,
John