[O] help with org-mobile-push

From: Madan Ramakrishnan
Subject: [O] help with org-mobile-push
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 20:44:03 -0400

Hello all!

I'm trying to get the MobileOrg app working on my iPhone.  I've followed the instructions at http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/doc/getting-started/using-dropbox/; for sanity checking purposes here are the values of the vars referenced there:

org-directory: ~/Dropbox/org/
org-mobile-inbox-for-pull: ~/Dropbox/org/inbox.org
org-mobile-directory: ~/Dropbox/MobileOrg/

I've run the MobileOrg app on my phone, linked to Dropbox (setting the index file to "/MobileOrg/index.org" -- not sure if that's correct, but I couldn't find any insight on what that value should be), and then from emacs, run org-mobile-push. I see files created in the MobileOrg directory in dropbox.  When I then go back to my phone and sync, I see nothing show up in outlines.

Interestingly, syncing in the other direction works just fine; if I create a new capture, sync, and then run org-mobile-pull from emacs, the new note ends up in inbox.org.  It's just the push functionality that I'm running into trouble with.  The files in MobileOrg look correct to me, so my guess is that org-mobile-push is working just fine, but I've misconfigured something on the phone app side.

Thanks in advance for any insight that you folks can provide.

Madan R.