Re: [O] Variable `org-mobile-directory` must point to an existing direct

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Variable `org-mobile-directory` must point to an existing directory. Multiplatform setup, howto
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 10:59:39 +0100

On 26/05/12 20:00, Orlando López D. wrote:
I configured emacs org-mode on a Mac, working properly, having my org
files and MobileOrg file within my DropBox folder ( ~/DropBox/ ).

Now, I will like to get my emacs setup working properly on my Windows
box. I have been able to get it working in terms of reading my .emacs
file and emacs.d folder, shared through simlink config.

Everything seems to be working properly, except that when I  want to
execute org-mobile-pull or org-mobile-push on Windows, I get the
following error: "Variable `org-mobile-directory` must point to an
existing directory "

The problem seems to be that emacs isn't configured to read or point to
the org-mobile directory , per the paths set in .emacs (eg. =

Running on Linux I found I needed the following in my .emacs:

(setq org-directory "~/dropbox/org/org_files")
(setq org-mobile-directory "~/dropbox/MobileOrg")
(setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull "~/dropbox/org/org_files/tasks/org_inbox.org")

Have you got all these set? Somewhere there is a possible bug where a misleading error message gets displayed referring to org-mobile-directory, when it means org-directory. I keep meaning to try and track it down.

Ian.