Re: [O] makefile regression

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [O] makefile regression
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 20:12:59 -0400

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you please state clearly what you want to have changed and
> possibly how?  You keep wandering back and forth in your arguments, but

What I meant was:

  If GNU make is required it needs to be documented.

  Separately from that, the makefiles look much more complicated than I
  would have thought necessary, and if there aren't good reasons to
  require more than POSIX make, it would be nice to stay with POSIX.

> to me it seems simply adding a sentence or two to the README file about
> the need for GNU make would suffice until the full documentation is
> finished.  I'm sure Bastien would appreciate if you could supply a patch
> for it.

Fair enough - I have sent a patch which adds to the README the kind of
information present in almost all other software pacakges.  It needs
adjusting to list the XEmacs versions that org can use, but I think it's
close.

Thanks,
Greg