[O] Rounding timeclock and moving to the end of the line

From: Kevin Buchs
Subject: [O] Rounding timeclock and moving to the end of the line
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:53:55 -0500

Hello group.

This is my first contribution to this email list.

Having a need to do my clocking in 1/4-hour multiples, I went and fully implemented my own solution in org-mode BEFORE I realized that org-mode was already set up to do it - it was just not completely implemented. I needed to change a few (current-time) in org-clock-in (org-clock.el) to be (org-current-time) and it works like a charm.

Here are the changes based on the development sources cloned via git today:

1198c1198
< (/ (- (org-float-time (org-current-time))
---
> (/ (- (org-float-time (current-time))
1202c1202
< (org-current-time)))
---
> (current-time)))

I have filled out the paperwork with FSF to be a developer in emacs/org-mode.

My next project is to solve the problem that C-e does not move to the end of the line with long lines that are not headings. I find myself doing this often and have to hit multiple C-e s. I don't have the org-special-ctrl-a/e set to non-nil. My line-move-visual is the default value of t, so I get the end-of-visual-line movement one screen's worth. Before I make any changes, I thought I should be clear on the design goals here. It seems as if the declaration of line-move-visual says it is dealing with vertical motion, not horizontal motion. I don't see any behavior elsewhere that uses the interpretation that line-move-visual is for horizontal motion. Anyone have thoughts on this subject?

- Kevin Buchs