Re: [O] How to get to work non-interactive publishing?

From: Mikhail Titov
Subject: Re: [O] How to get to work non-interactive publishing?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:57:10 -0500

Part of my question was if there is an easy way to find it other than by
dichotomy? I guess not :-)

> > I mean what is the point to make a separate init file other than
> > speed?
> >

> Your main init file is used to customize Emacs for interactive editing,
> many (if not most) of these settings won't apply to batch evaluation.
>
> By separating your personal customization from the project init file
> used for publishing it becomes possible to distribute your project with
> the publication init file without sharing your personal configuration.

That makes it clear.

Another weird issue I experience when batch-publishing is that even with a
separate init file, I get different "htmlization" of babel blocks. I mean if I
load

emacs -nw -Q -l myinit.el project_part.org

and publish that with C-c C-e P , then I get nicely colored babel block in HTML
starting like

However, if I do

emacs -Q --batch -l myinit.el -f 'org-publish-all'

then I get something like

<pre class="src src-R"><span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration:
underline;">library</span>(RODBC)

It seems odd to me that same config results in different outputs when
publishing interactively and in a batch mode. I would prefer colored output.

What should I pay attention to? I have a feeling that something is not loaded
which does in interactive mode, or vice versa.

Mikhail