Re: [O] Tables in Plain Lists

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] Tables in Plain Lists
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 12:24:22 +0200

Hi Joost,
* Joost Kremers <address@hidden> [16. May. 2012]:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 07:13:36PM +0000, SW wrote:
>> Emacs 23.2.1 with org 7.8.06. Tested with transient-mark-mode enabled and
>> disabled. I selected the table and hit <TAB>. Point moved by one tab (if I
>> selected from the top to the bottom of the table) or moved into the table
>> (if I
>> selected the other way round) and, in the one instance, the highlight on the
>> region disappeared. But the table remained obstinately unindented.
>
> the trick is to move point to the line *below* the table. TAB will then do
> whatever it does on that line and if it happens to be an empty line or a
> line with ordinary text, it indents, taking the entire region (including
> the table) with it.
>
> in essence, TAB will do whatever TAB does, regardless of whether the region
> is active. so if point is still within the table, TAB moves to the next
> cell, possibly creating a new one. if the line after the table contains a
> headline and you move point to it, it (un)folds the headline. so you need
> to make sure TAB is on a line that it indents.

Really great.  This works for me with Emacs 23.4.1 and it's org
version 6.33x, while not with the same Emacs and org-version
7.8.10 (release_7.8.10-529-gc4cad9).  I copied the version info
from the info file since org-version shows no
version any more.

My minimal .emacs for this test was:
(setq load-path (cons "~/src/org-mode/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp" load-path))
(require 'org-install)
(org-reload)

Ciao, Gregor
--