Re: [O] Using Org for a dissertation

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Using Org for a dissertation
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:26:15 -0700

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your advice.  I figure that, like you, I may eventually need
to switch to LaTeX, but will stick with Org for now, at least until my
document structure is quite settled.

Can you elaborate a bit on the following?

Markus Grebenstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I disliked/ preferred in auctex:
> - missing footnote folding in stable version

Stable version of Org, or Auctex?  What exactly is missing?

> - footnotes frequently lead to trouble with overlapping latex groups.

What is a Latex group? How they could overlap?  (I would especially like
to be aware of potential footnote problems ahead of time.)

> - reference handling in especial w.r.t headings (if you change the
> heading you use the reference)

Do you mean you prefer \label and \ref in Latex over Org's abstraction?

Thanks!

Best,
Richard