Re: [O] More problems with orgstruct++-mode, message-mode and auto fill

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] More problems with orgstruct++-mode, message-mode and auto fill
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:36:07 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> What I mainly did was updating from the git repo and changing the order
>> of hooks (orgstruct++-mode last). And I had to get rid of
>> emacs-goodies-el too, but that was probably my specific configuration.
>
> Ahh, interesting data point.  I have emacs-goodies.el installed.  What
> is it about this package that causes problems?

This package contains filladapt.el and filladapt.el _overwrites_ some
fundamental variables about filling.  Even if you are not using
filladapt.el, it fill replace those variables... which is obvisouly
plain wrong.

> This could be why Bastien cannot reproduce the behaviour we have been
> seeing?

I think so.

> I did see another reference to this package on one of the emacs mailing
> lists, implying that it wasn't necessary with Emacs 24, but I think I do
> use a few bits from it (bar-cursor, dict, matlab, maybe others).  Maybe
> these are in emacs 24...  but I don't think so.  Any insight into this
> would be most welcome!

(setq cursor-type 'bar) or (setq cursor-type 'hbar) works here.

As for dict, matlab, you can still download them from their original
locations I guess.

HTH,

--
 Bastien