Re: [O] HTML export of inline tasks

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export of inline tasks
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 22:15:52 +0530

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Manish writes:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> How can I export SCHEDULED, DEADLINE and tags for inlinetasks?  I have
>> org-inlinetask.el loaded and am using older HTML exporter (the one not
>> based on org-elements.el).  I looked at variable
>> org-inlinetasl-export-template but still unsure how should I set it to
>> exposed scheduling information in HTML.  I am using the default css.
>>
>> GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 on Windows 7
>> Org-mode from Git as of May 7 2012 with head on commit
>> b797c88d700a5e636c0f9fdb108d1846ce6e1f08
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Manish
>
> Sorry, I missed that you had already looked at that variable.  I set it
> as follows, which might help you figure this out:
>

> (setq org-inlinetask-export-templates
>          '((unless
>                   (eq todo "")
>                         (format "<span class=\"%s %s\">%s%s </span>" class
> todo todo priority))
>         heading content))))
>
> This assumes the default CSS so that the appropriate TODO styles have
> been defined.
>
> I must admit that I seldom export to HTML (esp. now with the ODT
> exporter) so I cannot remember if this was a good template or not.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for looking, Eric.  I think that setting is pretty much the
default.  Following note from the source file and a look at
org-inlinetask-export-handler makes me believe that these were never
supposed to be treated as proper todos (I don't speak elisp so I could
be mistaken though).

,----
| ;; Export commands do not treat these nodes as part of the sectioning
| ;; structure, but as a special inline text that is either removed, or
| ;; formatted in some special way.  This in handled by
| ;; `org-inlinetask-export' and `org-inlinetask-export-templates'
| ;; variables.
`----

Out of curiosity I tried ODT export and that produces weird results for
inlinetasks. Does it work for you?

Cheers!
Manish