Re: [O] Filter depending on item level

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Filter depending on item level
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:27:25 +0200

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> Is there a way to filter the agenda based on the level of the item. For
> example, let's say I have several items tagged as projects, but I would
> like to get a list of projects that are 1st or 2nd-level items in my org
> files, like:
>
> * This would appear :project:
>   * This would also :project:
>     * This would not appear :project:
>
> Is there an easy way to do this currently?

I'm not yet expert in search-fu, but IIRC (from reading the excellent page of
Matt on advanced search, see Worg) you can construct a quite easy regexp with
the `*' symbol to represent your levels.

You'd have a search regexp in the following spirit:

    ^*{1,2} .* :project:

You need to escape some of the above symbols, though...

Please post, afterward, the regexp that worked for you.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban