Re: [O] orgstuct++ does not lurk silently in the shadow

From: Christopher Schmidt
Subject: Re: [O] orgstuct++ does not lurk silently in the shadow
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:05:38 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> This should be fixed now in master.

Thank you so much for fixing this.

There is still one major issue, though.  Consider this text:

,--------
| >> rms
| >> foo
| >>
| >> org-mode
`--------

Place the point somewhere in the first or second line and do a M-q.
Vanilla message-mode correctly recognises the paragraph prefix whereas
an use of Org's enhancements breaks this.

Other than that, disabling orgstruct++-mode after enabling it breaks
everything.  I get tons of "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'",
even when doing simple things like moving around the buffer or trying to
execute and extended command.

For the record, I use Gnus and Org master (b5f4b52).  This is how my
integration is set up:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook
      (lambda ()
        (turn-on-orgtbl)
        (turn-on-orgstruct++)
        (set (make-local-variable 'org-footnote-auto-label) 'plain)
        (set
         (make-local-variable 'org-footnote-tag-for-non-org-mode-files)
         nil)))

(define-key message-mode-map (kbd "C-c f")
  (lambda ()
    (interactive)
    (save-restriction
      (my-message-narrow-to-body)