Re: [O] mail integration, advice?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] mail integration, advice?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:46:19 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Myles English <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Matt,

>>   > So, I'm wondering what solutions other org users have settled
>>   > on.
>>
>> I use gnus, offline imap, dovecot, notmuch, msmtp, bbdb3.  And
>> org-mode
>> capture including links to emails works fine.
>>
>> The end result is very good and stable through updates (I am using
>> Arch
>> Linux too) but I have to say though it did take a LOT of
>> configurating.
>>

> As a long-time user of gnus with imap my only complaints are the
> inability to work offline and the relatively poor sorting rules of my
> web-mail imap servers.  It sounds like dovecot and offline-imap could
> solve both of these problems.
>
> Was the offline-imap/dovecot combo difficult to configure?

No.

> Are there perhaps online instructions to which you could direct me?

> FWIW I also use Arch as my OS.

bash> sudo pacman -S dovecot

in your mail config:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq my/imap-method
        `(nnimap "mail"
                 (nnimap-stream shell)
                 (nnimap-shell-program "MAIL=maildir:$HOME/mail
/usr/lib/dovecot/imap")))

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))

  (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods my/imap-method)
#+end_src

this is setup is robust to no internet connection.

Correct $HOME/mail to the proper mail dir.

–Rasmus

--
Enought with the bla bla!