Re: [O] missing autoloads / (void-variable org-version)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] missing autoloads / (void-variable org-version)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:15:26 +0200

Hi all,

thanks Achim for this lengthy post, it's definitely worth reading for
anyone who got confused by autoloading stuff once in his life (I did,
who didn't?)

Now, I should have warned the mailing list about possible breakage in
people's configuration, I apologize for this.

There is a fix that makes the new Makefile compatible with everyone's
configuration *without* requiring to add the version number directly in
the org.el file.  I'm discussing it with Achim and will commit it as
soon as possible.

"Breaking" a broken configuration is definitely not a bug, especially
when this comes with a conceptually clean approach -- which is precisely
the point of Achim's work.

Still, a missing org-version should not prevent the whole Org spaceship
to take off...  so, let's bare with us a little bit.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien