Re: [O] bug#11249: 24.1.50; Overlay with face property causes calendar b

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] bug#11249: 24.1.50; Overlay with face property causes calendar buffer to scroll
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:43:26 +0200

Toby Cubitt <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:59:50AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Note: It seems that adding the optional argument KEEPDATE is necessary
>> > for parsing to work. With the following line instead of the one above
>> > org-read-date works as expected:
>> >
>> >      (org-eval-in-calendar '(setq cursor-type nil) t)
>>
>> that's right -- I pushed this fix to master.  Thanks for reporting this
>> and for detailing the solution!
>
> Thanks for the fix!
>
> What exactly does KEEPDATE argument do? The `org-eval-in-calendar'
> docstring doesn't mention it anywhere, which is probably why I missed it
> in my patch. Looking at the code, it seems that the part about storing
> the cursor date in org-ans2 only happens for a non-nil KEEPDATE?

When keepdate is nil (which is the default), org-ans2 is updated wrt the
cursor date. At the time we set the cursor-type, we don't want to override
org-ans2, we want to stick to the value already set.

> I'd post an update to improve the `org-eval-in-calendar' docstring, but I
> don't feel like I really understand what the KEEPDATE argument does well
> enough.

I just fixed the docstring like this:

  "Eval FORM in the calendar window and return to current window.
When KEEPDATE is non-nil, update `org-ans2' from the cursor date,
otherwise stick to the current value of `org-ans2'."

Thanks!

--
 Bastien