Re: [O] Updating BibTex file

From: Eric Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Updating BibTex file
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:58:39 +0930

Julian Burgos <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> How can I made org mode / reftex to recognize changes in my BibTex
> file?  Here is the scenario.  I have my default BibTex file defined
> with the reftex-default-bibliography variable.  While working on my
> org mode document I am adding references and everything is working
> fine.  The problem occurs when I edit my BibTex file to add new
> references (using JabRef), but the new references do not show up when
> I call 'reftex-citation.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
>
> Julian

Don't know whether you got an answer to this but googling

"update reftex when bibliography file changes"

gives a number of useful links.  The first one is actually org related:

http://tincman.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/research-paper-management-with-emacs-org-mode-and-reftex/

and mentions the need to auto-revert the bibliography file. The second
google result says the same thing:

https://josephhall.org/nqb2/index.php/reftex-1

HTH,
eric

PS - I have auto-revert set globally so I would have noticed a problem
but, in any case, I do all my bibtex editing in Emacs ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.g67694.dirty)