Re: [O] Google Summer of Code -- 3 Org projects for our first participat

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Google Summer of Code -- 3 Org projects for our first participation!
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:16:54 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus writes:
>>> Emacs-Orgmode Git merge tool for Org Files (Andrew Young)
>>
>> Interesting.  How would such a driver differentiate between normal
>> git?
>
> You can add any number of merge drivers to your git config.  A merge
> driver is supposed to know about the expected content of the file
> types
> it gets registered for and be indeed more clever about merging than
> the
> standard merge algorithms.

Sounds like a real win for cooperative writing.  Teaching people
'correct' VC behavior (in particular conflict resolution) is often more
challenging than, say, LaTeX/R/whatever.

This could be huge.

Would the `final' code be part of Org or Git-upstream?  I am guessing
the latter for robustness.

–Rasmus

--
Don't panic!!!