[O] Old mailto: notation?

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Old mailto: notation?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:34:46 -0400

Hi, Org people.

I decided to clean up all those emails lying around in my notes, and
better validate ~/.ecompleterc against other Org information I have.  A
bit of a burden to do, but I guess it has to be done one day.

There are many occurrences of "<address@hidden>" notations in my
files, which I could all turn into "mailto:address@hidden";, but yet, I
still have a bit of nostalgia for the older notation.

Is there some easy way to get Org to read and understand the older
notation as meaning the same as the equivalent mailto: notation, and
then, of course, behaving like it?  Or else, should I rather just forget
about the old notation, give in, and turn all occurrences to mailto:s?

François