Re: [O] Org Mode new Makefile and el-get

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Org Mode new Makefile and el-get
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:25:05 +0200

Mike McLean writes:
>> This is more easily accomplished using the target "oldorg".
>
> I did see the “oldorg” references in the email thread; my question is
> which one is more future proof? I guess (and please tell me if I am
> incorrect) that the oldorg build is just there for backwards
> compatibility and that the compile, autoloads, info was the “correct”
> way.

The most future-proof way is to provide a local.mk with suitably defined
definitions for where to put things and then do a "make install".
Otherwise you might not find the ODT style files in the right places or
try to work with out-of-sync autoload files.

The oldorg target is currently defined as doing exactly "compile
autoloads info", but if it turns out that this is still not "compatible
enough" the definition of oldorg might change, but the target will still
be there.

Regards,
Achim.