[O] a turn-key org-mode for newbies?

From: Keith Gunderson
Subject: [O] a turn-key org-mode for newbies?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:26:54 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a package or download that can allow a new non-emacs user to immediately engage with org-mode?  That is, install and configure both emacs and org-mode plus make some guesses about how a new user would initially want to use org-mode.

I am not an emacs newbie, so I can spearhead an effort if necessary. Though I am eagerly working to rid myself of org-mode newbie status.

I have some relatives that could really benefit from org-mode... who doesn't?

Here's some of what I'm thinking:

* Installation
** Emacs
** Packages
*** org-mode
* Configuration
** Load path
** org file directory and basic files established
*** journal.org
*** projects.org
*** notes.org
*** personal.org
** CUA
* Extras
** Easy buffer switching via keyboard
** shortcuts for spreadsheet copy/pasting

Thanks Carsten and fellow org-moders,
Keith