Re: [O] Disable links in Latex export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Disable links in Latex export
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:01:33 -0400

SW <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm exporting a structured document to Latex/PDF. The table of contents
> contains
> hyperlinks for each section which I would like to disable. I tried setting
> "org-export-latex-href" and "org-export-latex-hyperref" to empty strings, but
> this did not help. Thanks.

There are no such variables. There are variables
org-export-latex-href-format and org-export-latex-hyperref-format but
they are used for links in the document body.  The TOC is under the
control of latex and hyperref, so you cannot use either of these to
influence it.

The only way I know of to disable links completely is to not use
hyperref at all. You can redefine the package list appropriately.
Unfortunately, I think there is an unconditional \hypersetup
inserted by the latex exporter that would then break things -
there is even a FIXME: note:

,----
|      ;; add some hyperref options
|      ;; FIXME: let's have a defcustom for this?
|      (format "\\hypersetup{\n  pdfkeywords={%s},\n  pdfsubject={%s},\n
pdfcreator={%s}}\n"
|          (org-export-latex-fontify-headline keywords)
|          (org-export-latex-fontify-headline description)
|        (concat "Emacs Org-mode version " org-version))
`----

Given that the new latex exporter is where all the action is right now,
I don't foresee that this is going to be fixed.

If all you care about is the *appearance*, rather than the existence of
links, however, you can use hyperref package options to influence
that. For example

    \usepackage[pdfborder={0,0,0}]{hyperref}

will get rid of the red boxes around the links in the TOC: they are
still links, they are just not that obvious any more.  You can do that
by customizing the org-export-latex-default-packages-alist variable:
just add the above option (without the square brackets) to the hyperref
package entry.

Nick