Re: [O] buffer-local org-agenda-files & embedded agenda-view

From: Mirko Vukovic
Subject: Re: [O] buffer-local org-agenda-files & embedded agenda-view
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:44:26 -0400

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Mirko,

Mirko Vukovic <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to have a buffer (and the associated file) that contain the agenda
> view for a few select files.  Is that possible?
>
> They way it might work (in pseudo-code & using babel)
>
> ****< begin org file
> #+org-agenda-files: file-1.org file-2.org file-3.org ;; these are full files
>

> #+begin local-agenda-view
> TODO: file-1
> IN-PROGRESS: file-2
> COMPLETE: file-3
> #+end local-agenda-view
>
> ****< end org file

Agenda views rely on two things: a list of selected items, a display
mechanism for these items in a dedicated buffer (either one single
buffer, or several buffers when using sticky agenda views.)

What you're asking for would be possible if the list of items were
stored somewhere else than in a dedicated buffer -- which is not the
case right now (see also my recent reply to Manuel.)

> So, when visiting the above file, or executing C-c C-c, the org-agenda-files
> would be refreshed, as would be the local-agenda-view block.  In this example,
> the agenda-view is non-standard.
>
> So, is the following possible
> - buffer local agenda-files that are set in the declarations
> - embedded agenda view
> - view customized as shown above
>
> If that is not possible, what variables & functions would I need to
> look at?

You can try to digg the idea of `org-agenda-listing' further.

Good luck!

--
 Bastien

Thanks Bastien,