[O] [Sticky Agenda] How to create Agenda Buffers in functions

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: [O] [Sticky Agenda] How to create Agenda Buffers in functions
Date: 3 Apr 2012 19:10:30 +0200

Hi all

The Sticky Agenda is something I have been waiting for since a long
time. Thank you very much!

I want to write a function that creates a new frame with several
windows, each displaying a different Agenda Views. I fail to find a
function that creates special agenda views. Formerly I used
org-batch-agenda for similar purposes. But that doesn't work in the
sticky branch. This is what I have:

(defun my-gtd-frame ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion)
  (make-frame '(
     (name                      . "gtd")
     (active-alpha              . 0.75)
     (inactive-alpha            . 0.8)
     (top                       . 110)
     (left                      . 2000)
     (width                     . 80)
     (height                    . 40)
     (font . "-Adobe-Courier-Medium-R-Normal--18-180-75-75-M-110-ISO8859-1")))
  (select-frame-by-name "gtd")
  (toggle-fullscreen)
  (org-agenda-goto-today)
  (delete-other-windows)
  (split-window-horizontally)
  (other-window 1)
  (org-batch-agenda "OFFICE/NEXT")
)

Calling this function should create a fullscreen Emacs frame on my
second monitor vertically split into two windows. The upper window
should display the week-agenda (org-agenda-goto-today), the lower window
should contain a special-agenda-view showing all items with the
todo-keyword NEXT and the tag OFFICE.

Everything works as expected until it comes to the last line.
org-batch-agenda seems not to be the correct function to be called here.
The minibuffer says: "No catch for tag: exit, nil".

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Sven