Re: [O] Compose emails in ogr, but send them via thunderbird?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Compose emails in ogr, but send them via thunderbird?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:29:39 +0100

Rainer,

> So my question is: is it possible to write emails in org and then sent
> them (a subtree) to
> thunderbird for sending / adding addresses / signing with pgp?

I don't know about the subtree.  But there is an extension¹ for this
purpose.  It comes with its own mode, but I am sure you could have it
load Org, or alternatively just the org-like minor modes

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgtbl)
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct)
#+end_src

(replace the mode with something appropriate).

The problem with this setup is that it relies on tmp files, so you would
not have a grand org file of All-Thing-Sent.

> I know - I could do all this in emacs, but absolutely no time at the
> moment.

It is not that hardᵗᵐ. but could be time consuming.  So, yeah, probably
stick to TB for now.  But, if time permits is it really quite nice (I
use the Gnus).

–Rasmus

Footnotes:
¹  http://globs.org/articles.php?pg=2&lng=en

--
And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice
is no virtue