Re: [O] setting default BibTex file

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] setting default BibTex file
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:53:20 +0200

Hey Julian,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 13:49, Julian Burgos <address@hidden> wrote:
> But if I add this to my .emacs file
>
> (setq reftex-default-bibliography
> (quote("home/julian/Documents/Refs/BibTex/References")))
>
> and this to the end of my org file
>
> \bibliographystyle{plain}
> \bibliography{}
>
> When I do the LaTex export I get an "undefined citations" error.
> Any ideas?

Org-mode doesn't use reftex for its export. Unless that setting
actually includes the \bibliography{..} in the exported tex file, I
don't think that will have any effect. Actually in the docstring for
the variable I see it says:

  *List of BibTeX database files which should be used if none are
  specified. When `reftex-citation' is called from a document which has
  neither a `\bibliography{..}' statement nor a `thebibliography'
  environment, RefTeX will scan these files instead. Intended for using
  `reftex-citation' in non-LaTeX files. The files will be searched along
  the BIBINPUTS or TEXBIB path.

I think this *only* helps you insert the citations with reftex, you
still have to have that line in the tex file.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu