[O] identify notes within headlines

From: Fred Hansen
Subject: [O] identify notes within headlines
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

Most of my headlines contain only timestamps as content.  Some, however, have notes. These notes are usually contextual information that will help me to complete a task.  To remember to check the notes, I type 'see note' at the end of these headlines. I suppose I could also use a tag like ":NOTE:". The problem is that I have to remember to add a tag or type "see note".  I don't like the added step and I sometimes forget to do it.  Before I began tracking state changes I was able to use the elipsis as a visual indication that the note had contents, but now all my notes have elipsis.  Does anyone have a better (automated) way to identify notes?  Perhaps I a hook after org-add-note to add a tag to the headline?  Thanks for any suggestions.