[O] Preformatted text

From: Dashamir Hoxha
Subject: [O] Preformatted text
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:49:35 +0200

Hello,

I am using org-mode for technical documentation (server
configurations etc.) I use extensively the preformatted
text to show a bunch of commands or pieces of configuration
files. While #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE and #+END_EXAMPLE is OK,
it looks a bit awkward and a bit inconsistent with the
rest of the light and beautiful markup of org-mode.

I have no idea about how easy or difficult would be to
implement it, but I think that it would be nice to have
some markup like these:
--8<--
-->8--
instead of
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
#+END_EXAMPLE

Just wanted to let you know about this idea, maybe somebody
can pick it up.

Have a nice day,
Dashamir