Re: [O] Problems running C code in org-mode under Windows

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: Re: [O] Problems running C code in org-mode under Windows
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:14:03 -0700

> > As far as I can see, at this point the command being called is
> >
> > C:/emacs/emacs-24.0.94/bin/cmdproxy -c "gcc -o \"c:/users/stanton[...]C-
> bin-10700opx\" \"c:/users/Stanton[...]C-src-10700bfr.c\""
> >
> > (where [...] just means I deleted some more path information, but it's all
> valid).
> >
> > If I execute this exact command at the command line, the compilation
> > works fine, and creates an executable file C-bin-10700opx.exe (note
> > that gcc on Windows automatically adds the .exe extension if you omit
> > it). However, after running the call-process-region command in the .el
> > file, no executable file is produced, and error-file has the contents
> >
> > Access is denied

In case anyone is interested, this explains why the Access Denied errors
occurred, and why switching to bash solved the problem:

http://cboard.cprogramming.com/tech-board/125098-windows-7-access-denied-gcc.html

Another solution to the Access Denied problem is to put the following line in
init.el:

(setq org-babel-C-compiler "gcc-4")

Then you can keep using the Window shell instead of bash. However, this still
only solves part of the problem. The output is still blank.