Re: [O] [RFC] warn time for appointments

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] warn time for appointments
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:58:39 +0200

On Fri, Mar 23 2012, Nick Dokos wrote:

> But previously, things were bad enough that I had to turn off the notify
> process. Now, I'm leaving it on and (mostly) not noticing that
> it's there, so that's definitely progress.

There is still one thing, that we can do: call org-notify-process
periodically, but only when the user is idle for at least some seconds.
This logic exists already in gnus-demon-add-handler but the gnus-demon
runs only when gnus is running. So, what we can do is:
- patch gnus-demon.el to allow running the daemon independently of gnus
- copy parts of gnus-demon.el
- perhaps something else...

Some day I'll take a look.

--