Re: [O] org-replace-disputed-keys not working

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: [O] org-replace-disputed-keys not working
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:08:45 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien,

> Thorsten <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure what to do about this, since I use the emacs24-starter-kit,
>> and org-replace-disputed-keys is set in an .org file, that must be
>> tangled before it is loaded, and I assume org.el must be loaded before
>> any .org files can be tangled?
>
> The only solution I can think of right now is this:
>
> ~$ emacs --eval '(setq org-replace-disputed-keys t)'
>
> Maybe Eric has a better solution..

I started the emacs-daemon with that option, but it did not help
unfortunately. But it seems windmove.el only works in X11 anyway, not in
console sessions? At least for me the shift character is ignored in a
console session and doing C-h k for S-<right> gives:

,----------------------------------------------------------------------
| <right> runs the command right-char, which is an interactive compiled
| Lisp function in `bindings.el'.

Is there a windmove alternative (another way to navigate comfortably
between windows without doing C-x o several times), that works in both
console and X11 session? It is not much fun to use windmove if it only
works in certain situation and in others not.

--
cheers,
Thorsten