[O] Missing header line in export of tables that contain "special markin

From: William Henney
Subject: [O] Missing header line in export of tables that contain "special marking characters"
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:41:07 -0600

Hi list

When I export a table that uses `!' in the first column to denote the
column names, then the header line does not appear in the exported
file (ascii, html, or latex).  Please see the attached example org
file and html output.  Is this behavior intentional?  Can it be turned
off?

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

table-export-test

Table of Contents

1 Bug in export of tables with "special marking characters"

When I export a table that uses ! in the first column to denote the column names, then the header line does not appear in the exported file. Please see the attached example org file and html output.

See <info:org#Advanced features> for info on special marking characters in org-mode tables.

1.1 HTML export of this table works fine

ABC
123

It was marked up like this:

| A | B | C |
|---+---+---|
| 1 | 2 | 3 |

1.2 HTML export of this table misses off the header line

123

It was marked up like this:

| ! | A | B | C |
|---+---+---+---|
| # | 1 | 2 | 3 |
   #+TBLFM: $4=$A + $B

The same problem occurs with ascii and latex export. The problem also persists with the experimental generic exporter.

1.3 A workaround is to repeat the header line without the !

ABC
123

It was marked up like this:

|   | A | B | C |