Re: [O] Missing date in Org-Agenda Day buffer

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Missing date in Org-Agenda Day buffer
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:15:11 -0400

Rasmus Rempling <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> When scheduling may working day I use the Org-Agenda Day view and the
> column mode with the format as given below. This work very well and I
> am happy with the set-up. However, as shown in the attached png file
> the date is missing. My initial thought was that it is the same color
> as the shadowy highlight of the table headlines, but this is the same
> as the effort-sum. I have tried to find a solution, but not succeded.
>
> I have tried two different background/foreground with the same result
> (black/white and reverse).
>
> Is there more users having the same problem? And if anyone could help
> out I would be pleased.
>
> (setq org-columns-default-format "%60ITEM(Details) %5PRIORITY(PRIO)
> %12SCHEDULED(Scheduled) %15TAGS(Context) %7TODO(To Do)
> %5Effort(Effort){:} %6CLOCKSUM ")

Yes, I can reproduce that and it does seem like a bug. I traced it
down to

     org-agenda-columns -->
      org-agenda-colview-summarize -->
       org-columns-display-here

but I don't have time to take it further. As you surmised, the dates are
there: if you do C-u C-x = at the appropriate places, you'll see the
chars, but I guess the fg/bg colors are the same. I append the report I
get from one such (the first char on tomorrow's date). It may be that
the (:foreground unspecified) below is the culprit, but I'm just guessing.

Nick

        character: W (87, #o127, #x57)
preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
       code point: 0x57
           syntax: w    which means: word
         category: .:Base, L:Left-to-right (strong), a:ASCII, l:Latin, r:Roman
      buffer code: #x57
        file code: #x57 (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
          display: by this font (glyph code)
    x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso8859-1 (#x57)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: LATIN CAPITAL LETTER W
  old-name:
  general-category: Lu (Letter, Uppercase)
  decomposition: (87) ('W')

There are 2 overlays here:
 From 999 to 1024
  face                 hl-line
  window               nil
 From 999 to 1000
  display              "
     | "
  face                 ((:foreground unspecified) org-agenda-column-dateline
org-agenda-date)
  keymap               [Show]
  line-prefix          ""
  org-columns-format   "%-60.60s | "
  org-columns-key      "ITEM"
  org-columns-pom      nil
  org-columns-value    nil
  org-columns-value-modified ""
  wrap-prefix          ""

There are text properties here:
  day                  734583
  face                 org-agenda-date
  org-agenda-date-header t
  org-agenda-type      agenda
  org-date-line        t
  org-day-cnt          2
  read-only            "Type `e' to edit property"