[O] Should maint branch be deprecated?

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: [O] Should maint branch be deprecated?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:41:40 +0000

As an infrequent committer to org-mode, I wonder if the maint branch is
more pain than gain.

I've read through the mails arguing for its conception, and the benefits
just don't appear to be resultant.

Add to that - infrequent committer's who commit via the list generally
know nothing about the maintenance branch (including me), which just
leads to more confusion.

I follow the commits to master, and the work to core developers due to
the maint branch is clearly not insignificant?

If the gain is greater than the pain then somebody needs to clue me up.

Best, Martyn