Re: [O] #RESULTS folding and clearing

From: Johnny
Subject: Re: [O] #RESULTS folding and clearing
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:40:29 +0000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Johnny <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
>> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>>
>> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
>> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
>> obvious!)
>
> TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.

This actually works in org-mode 7.7 on my netbook, but not in
org-mode-7.8.0.3 on my desktop.

>> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default?
>
> Not that I know of.

I fond the org-babel-result-hide-all in org-mode 7.7 which may can be
used in a hook, but it doesn't exist in org-mode 7.8.0.3. It would be
nice to specify in the rource block header if results should be folded
by default or not.

>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>
> [answered previously - repeated for completeness]
>
> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET

Is this 7.8.0.3 behaviour expected and which org-mode are you using?

Cheers,

--
Johnny