Re: [O] Mail composed using emacs --- saving a copy in an org file.

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] Mail composed using emacs --- saving a copy in an org file.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:48:03 -0400

* Fully agree with nick--especially about the "please be more specific
about the MUA"-part--mh-e is another possibility--written by another
person I used to work with (mh)--vm was written by Kyle Jones--yet
another person I used to work with...

** Come to think of it; I used to use RMAIL too in EMACS--Kyle wrote
VM to include MIME/mail extensions, etc.

**** You mentioned that you tried GNUS as a mail reader, etc.--and you
didn't get what you wanted:

=> In a nutshell: MH/mh-e is the quintessential all-in-one extremely
customizable mail package and mh-e is the EMACS mode for
it--absolutely amazing and useful for email (written by
W3Org/consortium people I used to work with)--probably overkill for
you. RMAIL is old, slightly outdated--but very useful and simple, VM,
is better for you probably: This site/guru agrees with me--VM is your
best choice:

"Emacs has three built-in mail reading and sending interfaces:
RMAIL
RMAIL is a basic (and the default) mail reading package.
MH-E
MH-E is a front-end for the MH mail tools.
Gnus
Gnus is mainly a Usenet reading package but has capabilities for
reading mail and doing other strange things.
Now that you know your options inherent in Emacs I'm going to tell you
about my favorite non-standard mail user agent (MUA): VM (View Mail)
written by Kyle Jones."

<= http://linuxgazette.net/109/simpson.html

**** Back to hooks (that one may use to hook to org-capture) VM has a
lot of them ready for you to play with!:

http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/user-manual/vm_21.html