[O] Org-mode and icicles - tags

From: Nick Bell
Subject: [O] Org-mode and icicles - tags
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:12:23 +0000

I find Icicles useful in most areas of emacs, but it gets in the way when I'm trying to complete tags. This is probably as much of an Icicles question as an Org one.

I do C-c C-q and see the existing tag for a heading e.g. ":boring:". I type "comp" and press TAB, hoping for completion to ":boring:computer:". Instead the existing tag "boring" is entirely replaced by the completed one "computer".

If I turn off "icy mode", the behaviour is as expected.

Does anyone else use Icicles and Org-mode, and if so have they found a way around this?

Only relevant bit from custom-set-variables:
 '(icicle-TAB-completion-methods (quote (vanilla basic)))

Thanks

Nick