Re: [O] Syntax highlighting of code blocks in beamer slides

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Syntax highlighting of code blocks in beamer slides
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:58:54 -0400

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 13 mars 2012, at 14:41, Stefan Vollmar wrote:
>
> > Hello, we want to create slides via beamer. This works fine except
> > for source code listings (#begin_src python...#end_src) - if
> > exported as HTML they have syntax-highlighting as expected, however,
> > when exported as LaTeX the syntax-highlighting is lost. Is there a
> > way to create beamer slides with source code snippets that have
> > syntax-highlighting?
>
> I'm following this tutorial for this:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-12-3

Yup, I followed the tutorial and set up minted some time ago and I have
not looked back: I just tried the following

#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
#+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args)
%4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
#+PROPERTY: BEAMER_col_ALL 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 :ETC

* foo

#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports code
  for x in range(100):
      print "x=%d , x^2=%d" % (x, x*x)
#+END_SRC

and I get a caleidoscope of colors.

The TeX FAQ has some details about where to get minted and its dependencies
(it requires an external Python script, called Pygments):

     http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=codelist

Nick