Re: [O] Beamer specific setupfile?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer specific setupfile?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:46:25 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I think the magic for latex headers happens in org-infile-export-plist:
> > but the function has not been told about #+BEAMER_* stuff, so it'll need
> > the addition of a few more cases to handle the beamer stuff.
> >
> Great. Thanks for checking into this. I don't know how to fix it, so
> I'll simply stick to #+latex_header, as this is working fine at the
> moment. It's interesting that #+beamer_ options work from the file
> itself, but not from the setupfile, considering it sounds like all the
> setupfile line does it treat the contents as if it's in the file
> itself. Something's getting lost in there.

org-infile-export-plist parses the current buffer and takes care of
#+SETUPFILE: options (even recursive ones). It constructs an options
property list and returns it. The latex exporter stashes it into
org-export-latex-options-plist which is then consulted by the exporter
(in all cases, including the beamer case). The trouble is that
org-infile-export-plist does not know about #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA
or #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL, so it does not put them in the plist it
returns.  It is a trivial thing to add them however: they are exactly
analogous to LATEX_HEADER and LATEX_CLASS options, both of which
org-infile-export-plist handles fine.

Nick