Re: [O] [BUG] LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS not working

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS not working
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:20:03 -0500

suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 03:42, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I don't think it's a regression - at least I could only find two commits
> > that touched the relevant code (lines 1397-1405 in org-latex.el) and
> > they are from 2008 and 2009.
> >
> > Also the latex syntax is
> >
> >  \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
>
> Now I am embarrassed. :-| You are correct, I misread the latex
> documentation and I didn't check the org manual before reporting.
> That's what I get for sending emails after 3:00 AM. :-/

Actually, I think the manual is deficient in this case: you have to
infer the proper format from an example in the beamer section (which is
not even the section where LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS is defined): that's
better than no example at all, but I think it would be better to add an
example in section 12.6.2, "Header and sectioning structure". I would
encourage you to submit a doc patch.

> Extremely sorry about the mix up.

Nothing to be sorry or embarrassed about. We are all mistakes and we make
humans :-)

Nick