Re: [O] BUG(?): #+BINDing org-export-publishing-directory only affects H

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] BUG(?): #+BINDing org-export-publishing-directory only affects HTML output, not PDF or Babel results
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 16:10:12 +0000

>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:38:48 +0000 (UTC), A Major said:

  > Hi, I'm trying to set up my .org file such that export commands
  > create all results in a certain directory rather than the directory
  > containing the .org file.  So I've added the option

  >   #+BIND: org-export-publishing-directory "/tmp/export-test"

  > at the beginning of the file, which seems to work fine for a simple
  > test file with HTML export.

  > If I try to export the .org file as a PDF document, however, the
  > result still resides in the directory containing the .org file --
  > which isn't what I want and is also counterintuitive given the name
  > of the variable set in the BIND option.

Hi András,

For pdf export, I have ended up using cmake to do an out-of-source build
[1] so all the files that latex produces go in one, expendable directory
and the original directory (under git management) remains free of
clutter.  It is a little complicated though.  I dream that one day maybe
org will be able to tangle its own CMakeLists.txt on export.

  > Even worse, if the .org file uses Babel to create files (say, in PNG
  > format) as a result (via ditaa, graphviz, etc.), then these files
  > end up in the directory containing the .org file, not in
  > /tmp/export-test, where the HTML file is placed.  This leaves the
  > HTML output completely broken.

  > Is there a proper way of doing this (short of "publishing", which
  > isn't what I want because I find it too complex in my case), and am
  > I doing something very wrong here?

  > Thanks,

  >   András

Myles