Re: [O] [babel] Replace results with ascii package caption

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Replace results with ascii package caption
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:25:21 -1000

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Would it be possible to swap the results and caption lines?

The caption lines are part of the ascii output.  I think I'd have to
swap them manually.

> e.g., this
>
>> #+RESULTS: test-replace-results
>> #+CAPTION: Test replace results
>> | 0%   | 25%  | 50%  | 75%  | 100% |
>> |------+------+------+------+------|
>> | 0.02 | 0.28 | 0.49 | 0.78 | 0.98 |
>
> to this
>
>> #+CAPTION: Test replace results
>> #+RESULTS: test-replace-results
>> | 0%   | 25%  | 50%  | 75%  | 100% |
>> |------+------+------+------+------|
>> | 0.02 | 0.28 | 0.49 | 0.78 | 0.98 |
>
> everything following #+results is expected to be part of the results,
> and it would be simpler to not add special cases to this behavior for
> lines that look like Org-mode comment constructs.

This is an interesting case.  As other packages start to provide Org
Mode output this kind of problem might crop up again.  Is there any
limit to the Org Mode output a third party might produce?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye