[O] bug/feature request: refiling and creation of non-existing nodes

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [O] bug/feature request: refiling and creation of non-existing nodes
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 16:11:57 -0800

Hi

I often use refile to move nodes around in my org-file. I recently
learned about org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes, but it seems to be
limited to one level, e.g. if I have set the variable to t and have the
following tree

* A
* to refile

I can move the second node to

A/
or
A/B/

but not to

A/B/C/

is it possible to add this to org (I'm using 7.8.02)?

This would also enable (I assume) to retain the tree structure during
archiving (i.e. moving it to the same path in the archive file), which
is another feature that I think would be great to have ;)

Unfortunately my lisp skill is not good enough to supply a patch for
this... any ideas on how this could be done would be helpful though.

cheers
        ARUN