Re: [O] Org appt notifications with Growl (OSX)

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [O] Org appt notifications with Growl (OSX)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:32:56 -0600

> Hi folks, What is the best way to setup notifications to work with Growl for
> orgmode? I know org can work with emacs Appt system, but is anyone currently
> using it with Growl for notifications?

> If you could point me to the right direction, I'd be grateful.

I recommend adding support for alert.el to Org-mode, which was created for
just this purpose:

    https://github.com/jwiegley/alert

It solves the general problem, not just "sending alerts through Growl".  Once
a package uses alert.el, the user can customize what gets alert and how to
their heart's content, while keeping the changes to Org minimal.

John